Man, I just love it.
Officially, I'm a 100% Elggified developer. U got me Elgg!
In my SPAM Moderation plugin, I've integrated 2 external services (Akismet and Mollom), and 1 simple internal service that helps you validate any text with the list of keywords, that you've specified. I know, I know, it sounds a bit silly and simple, but thats a start right?
Okay, having my final internals this week, so no intense work for week(s) to come, I guess. I desperately need to cope up with my so-called syllabus.
Interesting things this week was:
- Wrote my first Elgg plugin, released it on GitHub and for the first time in my history, released an OSS (Licensed under OSS License).
- Got to implement them in a new server (for testing purposes actually =D)
- Learnt about some SPAM filtering techniques, to implement them off shelf. (Next Elgg plugin)
- Completed my long queued RECORD work for this semester, Hell Yeah!
- Learnt that there were 54 applications, from 46 students, and known 12 bug fixers, all this but only 3 slots, for Elgg in this year GSoC. (I actually completely lost hope!) - But, that doesn't make me hate it, rather I <3 Elgg even more now. :D
I haven't released the spam moderation (alpha) plugin to the community yet, should I do it? I'm a bit afraid and tensed to do that. Not much response from outside about that either.
Will this alone earn me a slot in GSoC for Elgg?
Hoping for the best! See ya, until next time, with more elggified updates.